Updated May 2017
The website located at www.ismokemag.co.uk ; www.ismokemag.com (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to ISMOKE. (“ISMOKE”, “Us”, “Our”, and “We”). ISMOKE provides resources related to cannabis varieties and related products which currently include cannabis-related news stories and other articles, strain reviews, interviews, guides and more.
(collectively, with all other services provided through the Site, the “Services”). Certain features of the Services or Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Service or Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
- IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS. THIS SITE IS FOR ADULTS ONLY (MINIMUM AGE 18+, AS CONSIDERED ADULT UNDER UK LAW) ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND SERVICESIS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. CONTENT POSTED BY ISMOKE ON ANY WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT SERVICE, OR ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ISMOKE DOES NOT ENDORSE, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF, ANY OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION MADE ON THE SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING USER CONTENT AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS (EACH AS DEFINED BELOW). ISMOKE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL, HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, OR OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. ISMOKE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SCREEN PEOPLE WE FEATURE TO DETERMINE WHETHER THEY ARE QUALIFIED OR AUTHORIZED BY LAW TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES OR TO DETERMINE THE ACCURACY OF THEIR MENUS OR OTHER INFORMATION THEY PROVIDE.
- ISMOKE DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE. ANY INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICES, OR WITHIN ANY OF ISMOKE’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OR CHANNELS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ASUBSITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO COVER ALL POSSIBLE USES, DIRECTIONS, PRECAUTIONS, OR ADVERSE EFFECTS. SUCH INFORMATION INCLUDES WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, USER CONTENT AND ISMOKE-GENERATED CONTENT DERIVED FROM USER CONTENT (E.G., STRAIN HIGHLIGHTS, ATTRIBUTES, AND OTHER DATA). THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND SERVICES AND PROVIDED VIA ISMOKE’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE SITE, SERVICES, OR ON ISMOKE’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS.
- THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT LIMIT THE MORE GENERAL DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY IN SECTIONS 8 AND 9 OR ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- 1 Account Creation.In order to use certain features of the Site (e.g., to use the Services), you must register for an account with ISMOKE (“ISMOKE Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the Site registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; and (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may not create more than one ISMOKE Account. You may delete your ISMOKE Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Site. ISMOKE may suspend or terminate your ISMOKE Account in accordance with Section 10.
- 2 Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your ISMOKE Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your ISMOKE Account. You agree to immediately notify ISMOKE of anyunauthorised use, or suspected unauthorised use of your ISMOKE Account or any other breach of security. ISMOKE cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- 1 License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ISMOKE grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the Site and Services for your personal,non-commercial Subject to the terms of this Agreement, ISMOKE grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to install and use the software ISMOKE makes available for mobile devices (“Mobile App”), in executable object code format only, solely on your own handheld mobile device and for your personal, non-commercial use. As used in this Agreement, the term “Services” includes the Mobile App.
- 2 Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to youin this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (c) you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies thereof.
- 3 Modification. ISMOKE reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that ISMOKE will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof.
- 4 Ownership. Excluding your User Content (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site andServices are owned by ISMOKE or ISMOKE’s licensors. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. ISMOKE and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
- USER CONTENT
- 1 User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses with, the Site or Services, including without limitation, content in the user’s profile, userreviews and/or postings. You acknowledge and agree that ISMOKE is not responsible for any User Content, including its accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. ISMOKE does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for your use or misuse of any User Content.
- 2 User Content – Your Responsibilities. You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated withuse of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that makes you or any third party personally identifiable. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate the Acceptable Use Policy (defined below). You may not state or imply that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by ISMOKE. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content (and not ISMOKE), you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. ISMOKE is not obligated to backup any User Content and User Content may be deleted at any time. You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- 2 License. You hereby grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to ISMOKE an irrevocable,nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site and Services. You agree to irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- 3 Feedback. If you provide ISMOKE any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to ISMOKE all rights in the Feedback and agree that ISMOKE shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. ISMOKE will treat any Feedback you provide to ISMOKE as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to ISMOKE any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. The following sets forth ISMOKE’s “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- 1 General Restrictions. You agree not to use the Site, Services, or any of ISMOKE’s social media pages or channels to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (a) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libellous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive (e.g., material that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual) or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or which is harmful to minors in any way; or (c) in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- 2 Reviews. You agree not to post reviews on the Site, Services, or any of ISMOKE’s social media pages or channels that are not based upon your personal experience or are otherwise designed for any purpose other than providing other users on the Site with an accurate description of your personal experience.Reviews based on second-hand, non-personal experience are not allowed. In addition to the other restrictions contained in the Acceptable Use Policy, reviews posted on the Site, Services, or any of ISMOKE’s social media pages or channels must not: (a) be written exclusively in capital letters, (b) be plagiarised, (c) contain spam or advertisements, (d) contain personally identifying information about any other person,
- 3 Photos. Image files must exclusively feature the products they illustrate and must not include body parts, messy or cluttered backgrounds, product wrapping, currency, paraphernalia, brand names, or other any objects other than the product itself. Image files must be clear and must not be blurry, fuzzy, or contain any flash reflections. Products should becentred in the image file. Image files must contain an accurate depiction of the product they illustrate. Image files cannot contain pornography or other graphic images and must otherwise abide by the guidelines set forth in this Section 5.
- 4 Technological Restrictions. In addition, you agree not to use the Site or Servicesto: (a) upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (b) send unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (c) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (d) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site or Services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (e) attempt to or impersonate another user or ISMOKE or gain unauthorised access to the Site or Services, other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site or Services, through password mining or other means; (f) harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Site or Services; or (g) introduce software or automated agents or scripts to the Site or Services so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Site or Services.
- 5 Monitoring, Suspension, and Termination. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content (including any image files or reviews), investigate, and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion (including removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your ISMOKE Account in accordance with Section 10) if we in our sole discretion suspect that you have violated the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of this Agreement or otherwise create liability for us or any other person.
- You agree to indemnify and hold ISMOKE (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, judgments, awards, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including reasonably attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your use or misuse of the Site or Services, (ii) your User Content, (iii) your violation of this Agreement; or (iv) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. ISMOKE reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defence of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of ISMOKE. ISMOKE will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- THIRD PARTY MATERIALS; DEALS; OTHER USERS; RELEASE
- 1 Third Party Materials. The Site or Services might display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, articles applications or other products, services and/or materials) or contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties such as Deals (defined below) (collectively, “Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that ISMOKE is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. ISMOKE does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Material, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Material.
- 2 Deals. The Site or Services might display, include or make available coupons, promotional codes, giveaways, samples, and other offers (collectively, “Deals”). Deals constitute “Third Party Materials” under this Agreement. ISMOKE displays these Deals on the Site and Services as a form of advertisement for the listing dispensary (the “Offeror”) only. All Deals are offered directly by the applicableOfferor, and may be subject to additional terms, conditions, or restrictions of the Offeror or under applicable law, whether or not such additional terms, conditions or restrictions are expressly included on the Site or Services. The Offeror, and not ISMOKE, is solely responsible for: (a) redemption of the Deal; (b) compliance of all aspects of the Deal with applicable law (including without limit, the advertisement, redemption, and terms, conditions and restrictions related thereto); (c) all goods and services it provides to you in connection with the Deal; and (d) all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a Deal or not.
- 3 Other Users. Each user of the Site or Services is solely responsible for any and all of its User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content, and we assume no responsibility for any User Content. Your interactions with other Site or Service users (including Dispensaries) are solely between you and such user. You agree that ISMOKE will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site or Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- 4 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge ISMOKE (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish your rights with respect to, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site or Service users or Third Party Materials.
- 6 California.IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ISMOKE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ISMOKE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ISMOKE’S (AND OUR SUPPLIERS’) LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) TWENTY POUNDS (£20) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID ISMOKE IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services (including your ISMOKE Account) or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your ISMOKE Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your ISMOKE Account involves deletion of your User Content associated therewith from our Site, Services, and live databases. ISMOKE will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement, including for termination of your ISMOKE Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3.2-3.4, 4–12.
- COPYRIGHT POLICY. ISMOKE respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site and Services do the same. In connection with our Site and Services, we have adopted and implemented a policyrespectingcopyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing. If you believe that some of our content is, through the use of our Site and Services, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent ([email protected])
- 1your physical or electronic signature;
- 2identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- 3identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- 4sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- 5your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- 6a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- 7a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
The Designated Copyright Agent for ISMOKE can be reached at:
- 1 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that ISMOKE will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
- 3 ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE. Except for disputes brought in small claims court, all disputes between you and ISMOKE arising out of, relating to or in connection with the Site or Services shall be exclusively settled in London, England. YOU AND ISMOKE AGREE THAT ANY SUCH SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION.
- 4 Copyright. Copyright © 2010-2017, ISMOKE. All rights reserved
- 6 Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision, nor shall any single or partial exercise by ISMOKE of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to establish an employment, partnership, or joint venture relationship between you and ISMOKE. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without ISMOKE’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees.
- Contact: [email protected]